Benefits of Laminate
Durability and cost are the key benefits of laminate flooring, however some brands do compare favorably to solid hardwood or ceramic tiles in appearance and you can buy them for 1/3rd less.
Here are some other important benefits:
- easy to install
- laminate flooring can be cleaned easily with a mop
- color resists fading from exposure to sunlight
- comes in pre-glued and glueless versions for easy installation.
- warranties are very good
- is easily repaired, since you can replace planks and maintain the visual consistency of the floor
- very low level of fumes are given off by the material used.
- limitless design possibilities.
Hardwood Laminate Flooring
You can also choose laminate flooring that uses real hardwood. Is it laminate flooring or hardwood flooring? It's both. These hybrids use real hardwoods as a thin veneer on a melamine sheet, which provides durability and strength. This layer and a bottom layer of melamine, sandwich a fiberboard composite between them. The end product is an attractive, inexpensive and impact resistant flooring that will last and add value to your home. This is why hardwood laminate flooring is so popular today.